History Of The Central Fire District

Central Fire District has a fire department in Lewisville, Rigby, and Ririe and has been serving the citizens of Lewisville, Rigby, and Ririe since 1981. In January of 1957, the original county volunteer fire department was formed. The chief of the department was Russell Bates, and the first fire truck was donated by Snake River Mutual Fire Insurance Company and was called the Snake River Mutual Fire Truck.

The Central Fire Department serves a population of 13,000 residents and approximately 220 square miles. This area includes part of Jefferson County and portions of Bonneville and Madison Counties. Today, Central Fire District consists of 18 emergency response vehicles, plus specialized equipment with compliments of a Fire Chief, Assistant Fire Cheif, Secretary, 4 Battalion Chiefs, 70 Volunteers, an EMS Coordinator, and a Tech Rescue Coordinator. The apparatus includes: 20 Vehicles 1 Snorkel Truck, 6 Class A Pumpers, 6 Mini Pumpers, 2 Rescue Trucks, 2 Tenders, and 2 Staff Pickups. The district has gone from 90 calls in 1981 to 1,151 in 2014.

Today, Central Fire District is a broad spectrum service that provides commitment and professionalism in emergency service response, high-angle rescue, swift-water rescue and fire prevention.