- The office will be closed Friday, November 10th in observance of Veterans Day
- Monday, November 13th at the County Commissioners meeting at approximately 1:30 PM, Central Fire and Hamer Fire will be recognized by BLM and awarded plaques for their actions in stopping and containing the 17,000 acre Deer Park Fire on the desert. BLM recognizes that we were instrumental in the preservation of a good portion of Jefferson County. Anyone is welcome to attend the meeting and hear their comments.
- The office will also be closed Thursday, November 23rd and Friday, November 24th for Thanksgiving.
- The district Christmas party will be Thursday, December 14th. Keep an eye out for more details.
ANNOUNCEMENTS (170’s Corner)
- Vouchers for flu shots can be picked up in the office.
- As the season progresses into winter snow and ice, please remember your winter defensive driving tactics. Also remember to bundle up and don’t expose yourself to unnecessary risks: hypothermia – falls on ice – flu shots if you are susceptible to such. In other words, BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
- Please always listen to dispatch instructions and clarify if needed. Stage in the area means WAIT for law enforcement! As we all know, this starts the time of year when we get more depressed people. We all want to help but our own protection has to come first.
- Let’s make sure all truck valves are drained and winterized to avoid any freeze-ups this winter.
- Dome Technology is making progress on the new Menan station. It is exciting to see foundations in the ground and block being set!
- Red Cross has 30 smoke alarms that need to be installed in the Rigby area. If you can help, they like to do this on Saturdays. Please let the office know if you would be willing and we can contact the Red Cross and make appointments.
- A big WELCOME to our new hires! Seth Hulse (Rigby), Dan Miller (Lewisville), and Tucker Smith (Menan) were all hired on in October.
CALL SUMMARY –OCTOBER 2017
- EMS – 71 (+8)
- Fire – 11 (+5)
- EMS – 13 (+8)
- Fire – 0 (-5)
- EMS – 8 (+1)
- Fire – 3 (+2)
- EMS – 8 (-1)
- Fire – 1 (-2)