CENTRAL FIRE DISTRICT NEWSLETTER
- Stampede Days are coming up June 16th and 17th. We will be looking for EMT’s to cover the rodeo both nights. The parade is Saturday at 10 AM (9 AM lineup). As usual, no candy can be thrown from vehicles so please have some people that can walk with your engine and pass it out.
- Fireworks at Jefferson Lake are Saturday, July 1st. We’ll probably be looking for people to provide EMS coverage throughout the day again.
- Menan 4th of July celebration July 4th. I have not seen a parade time yet.
- All stations now have locked boxes in the offices. There is also one in the lobby of the district office. ALL reports, trainings and receipts must be put in those boxes as soon as they are completed. Please do not leave them on desks or in the trays.
- Roadside fires – As witnessed and extinguished by our Rigby crew, the grass along the roads is getting tall, thick and dry already. It could be one of those crazy grass fire seasons. Please check all your wildland gear and make sure it is ready to go.
- Wildland boots – The boots that we are ordering for wildland use are expected to be kept with your wildland gear and used when going on wildland fires. With unanimous consent from Station and District chiefs, we will have you sign a recognition voucher that the boots are the property of the Central Fire District for the first two years of issuance. After that 2 year period, the boots will belong to the individual firefighter.
- GREAT JOB by all on the fire on Outlaw Pass in Menan this week. The 3 stations worked well together and seamlessly with Madison Fire. Even though we lost the house, which was well vented and fully engulfed by the time we arrived, the district firefighters received a lot of praise for their efforts. I have had several patrons of the district and residents of Madison County commend us for the professional manner in which we worked and organized on the fire. -170
- Also congratulations to Jared Giannini for passing all his EMT testing! We look forward to having him as an EMT. We have several others taking their National Registry tests soon, so good luck to them!
CALL SUMMARY –MAY 2017
- EMS – 63 (+6)
- Fire – 4 (+-0)
- EMS – 14 (+3)
- Fire – 1 (-1)
- EMS – 6 (+2)
- Fire – 0 (-1)
- EMS – 4 (-2)
- Fire – 0 (-1)