September 2016 Newsletter
CENTRAL FIRE DISTRICT NEWSLETTER
- The last Figure 8 race of the year is Saturday, September 17th. Watch your email if you would like to help cover.
- Mass casualty district drill Thursday, October 6th in Lewisville. Please make sure you are to your station ON TIME (no later than 7 PM) that night. Dispatch has a timeline they will be running off of and the trucks will not wait if you are late and you will be left to get to the drill on your own. More information will be coming from your station leadership in the following weeks.
- The office will be closed Monday, October 10th for Columbus Day
- The 3rd Annual Paul Davis 9/11 Fallen Hero Tribute Memorial Run will be Saturday, September 10th starting at 8:30 AM at Snake River Landing. If you haven’t participated or at least watched this, it really is a neat experience. Runners and walkers are given a badge with the name of a first responder who died on 9/11 and it continues on until all the badges have been honored. More info at com/911fallenheroesrun
- Madison Fire is also doing a Hero’s Challenge Urbanathalon obstacle race that will resemble some of the obstacles first responders faced on 9/11. It starts at 8:00 AM on Saturday, September 10th at Porter Park. http://www.fdmadison.org/dept-info/events/urbanathalon
- Congratulations to Matt Call on promoting to Station 1 Captain!
CALL SUMMARY –AUGUST 2016
- EMS – 50 (+4)
- Fire – 16 (+6)
- EMS – 12 (-5)
- Fire – 7 (+2)
- EMS – 10 (+6)
- Fire – 6 (+3)
- EMS – 5 (-9)
- Fire – 2 (-1)