CENTRAL FIRE DISTRICT NEWSLETTER
- Kids Day at the Jefferson County Fair is Friday, August 19th. They would like us to bring an engine over at 10 AM for the kids to see and talk to them a little about fire safety. Contact Lisa if you would like to help with this.
- Monster truck show August 26th & 27th
- The office will be closed Monday, September 5th for Labor Day.
- Leadership meeting will move to September 12th due to Labor Day.
- Mass casualty district drill Thursday, October 6th
- For those who hadn’t yet heard, we were honored to receive a $10,000 donation from Challenger Pallet on the 10 year anniversary of their fire. We are looking forward to using this donation for some new gear.
- Thanks to everyone who came out to the summer party! It was a fun evening with the sheriff’s department and city police. Victor Gallegos served up some amazing food! Our softball team had a good start in the game but ultimately the Gun Slingers came out on top. We do, however, appreciate the sympathy flowers sent by the sheriff for our loss.
- The 3rd Annual Paul Davis 9/11 Fallen Hero Tribute Memorial Run will be Saturday, September 10th at Snake River Landing. If you haven’t participated or at least watched this, it really is a neat experience. Runners and walkers are given a badge with the name of a first responder who died on 9/11 and it continues on until all the badges have been honored. More info at com/911fallenheroesrun
- We have some new leadership to congratulate! Jim Kelly is the new Station 1 Battalion Chief, Whit Albertson is the new Station 3 Lieutenant and Matt Call is the new Tech Team Leader. Great job guys!
CALL SUMMARY –JULY 2016
- EMS – 46 (-16)
- Fire – 10 (+10)
- EMS – 17 (-2)
- Fire – 5 (+-0)
- EMS – 4 (-3)
- Fire – 3 (+2)
- EMS – 16 (+12)
- Fire – 3 (+3)