CENTRAL FIRE DISTRICT NEWSLETTER
- Friday, May 20th we have 3 groups of kindergartners coming to Station 1 in the morning for part of their field trip. They are very large groups and we need as many people as possible to help with these tours. If you are available that morning and can help, PLEASE let Lisa know.
- May 20th & 21st there is a high school rodeo scheduled in Rigby. We will be looking for EMT’s.
- May 28th Figure 8 race in Rigby
- The office will be closed Monday, May 30th for Memorial Day.
- Thanks to Jeanette, Shanda and J.J. for the classes on glucose monitoring and epi pens. Jeanette and Shanda did the training and J.J. was a silent partner in some of the presentation material. If you haven’t had this training, you CANNOT use or administer these optional modules. Please get with Jeanette to get signed off on the training.
- Thanks for the hard work and participation in the busy month of April! We had some interesting calls with the ditch burners, weekend warriors and Mother Nature. Great job guys and gals!
- Our students in the EMT class have done some of their testing. Results are good so far. It will be great to get them certified and on the schedules.
- BATTERIES – BATTERIES – BATTERIES- please remember to check you trucks when you return from a call. We are finding trucks that have been left with the master switch on. This causes premature battery failure and unnecessary battery replacements. Let’s make this a priority!
- Along with that, let’s make sure we are signing our reports. It is a legal document and requires your signature.
- Kathy Anderson, LT50, is retiring at the end of May. Her work schedule is changing and keeping her too busy. Thanks Kathy for the many years of service you have given your community. More to come on a retirement party for her.
CALL SUMMARY –APRIL 2016
- EMS – 62 (+4)
- Fire – 16 (+9)
- EMS – 7 (-2)
- Fire – 7 (+6)
- EMS – 8 (+4)
- Fire – 5 (+2)
- EMS – 6 (-3)
- Fire – 2 (-1)