Central Fire District Newsletter
- August 21st & 22nd is a monster truck show in Rigby. More details to come
- The office will be closed Monday, September 7th for Labor Day
- Idaho Falls ambulance will be teaching a state-certified Pediatrics course September 3rd, 9th and possibly the 21st if needed at Station 1. This is a great way to get all your Pediatric hours at once. All fire and EMS personnel are invited.
- I just put out an updated copy of the directory. PLEASE check over your information and make sure it’s correct. If you haven’t gotten the new directory, ask your leadership what they did with it! Also, if you aren’t getting emails from me, please let me know. -Lisa
- Notice to all station leadership: The JCSO officer (Sam Dye) who is in charge of the jail would like to do some tabletop drills/evacuation plans with us. He would like to have all the stations over to the jail on different training nights to have the jail deputies go through their fire plans. Can we make this happen? Contact 170 and he will get you in touch with Sam.
- Is fire season over now?? I don’t think so! Stay prepared and be ready to rock and roll. We’ve had a couple big fires in the Ririe area. I knew those Ririe folks would come out of their shell sooner or later! -170
- HUGE thanks to the Menan personnel that put together the summer party. It was a great time. Job well done!
- If you have not heard, Caleb Anderson (QR50) has retired from Station 3 after 22 years with us. He will be missed and hard to replace. Thanks for all you have done Caleb! We salute your commitment to our patrons. Good luck to you in your future endeavors. Sit back and relax with your family.
- JUST A REMINDER!!! All personnel and patrons are always welcome at Commissioner’s Meetings. If you don’t know the Commissioners (we have some new ones) or recognize them, this is a good time to meet them and see what they do for us. There is always a segment of time at Commissioner’s Meeting for public input. If you have comments or concerns, this is your time to be heard. The Chief, Assistant Chief, and BC of each station or their representative meet at 8:00 PM every 2nd Thursday of the month to discuss District business. Come out and get familiar with the people behind the scene and the way our District works.
CALL SUMMARY –JULY 2015
- EMS – 42 (-28)
- Fire – 15 (+9)
- EMS – 15 (-6)
- Fire – 5 (-1)
- EMS – 5 (+2)
- Fire – 3 (+2)
- EMS – 2 (-3)
- Fire – 3 (+3)