April 11, 2019 Minutes
Fire District Commissioner Meeting
Opening Prayer: Mike called the meeting to order at 8:00. Blaine Kerr offered the opening prayer. Those present were: Commissioners Mike Miller, Jim Deuel, Dallin Gambles, Gordon Ball, and Roger Anderson; Fire Chief Carl Anderson and Assistant Fire Chief Nic White; Battalion Chiefs Jim Kelly, Blaine Ker, Mitch Bingham with Corey Albertson representing station 3. Fire district attorney Dennis Wilkinson was present. Melanie Sullivan recorded the minutes. There were four patrons present.
Approval of Agenda– ACTION ITEM: Dallin moved to accept the agenda as presented. Roger seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
Approval of Minutes – ACTION ITEM: The minutes were reviewed previously by the commissioners. Jim moved to approve the minutes. Gordon seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
Budget Review: Melanie reported that we are under budget from where we would expect to be at this time of year.
Approval of Expenditures – ACTION ITEM: Dallin reviewed the expenditures of $57781.04, which included the purchase of the assistant chief’s pickup truck. Jim moved to approve the expenditures. Gordon seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
- New Assistant Chiefs vehicle – DISCUSSION ITEM: Nic reported that they got the truck in and are waiting to get radios installed. They are going to get a camper shell on it and are waiting for that.
- Doug Martin- Region 6B Director for Idaho State Fire Commissioners – DISCUSSION ITEM: Doug Martin thanked the district for being part of the State fire Commissioners Association. He explained why we are in the association, such as grant writing, insurance, and representing the fire districts in the legislature, among other things.
- Disposition of 1982 FMC/GMC engine – ACTION ITEM: Carl said this truck has not been used for two seasons and would like to move it down the road. He was contacted by Bill’s Island who would like the truck but since they are not a taxing district, they cannot take it without paying fair market value. It is under $10,000 so it does not need to go out to bid. Jim moved to let the chief and assistant chief decide what the fair market value is and get it sold. Roger seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
- Firehouse Subs grant – DISCUSSION ITEM: Jared Giannini is writing a grant for 65 new helmets. Firehouse awarded the district a grant of $19,175 for the helmets.
- Purchase of fire shelters – ACTION ITEM: Carl said that with the USWG agreement, the district is required to have fire shelters. They are $410 per shelter and the Carl would like to purchase 10 shelters. Dallin moved to purchase the shelters. Gordon seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
- Purchase of structure turnouts – ACTION ITEM: Carl said that they have hired some new people and they are getting to the end of the good turn outs. He is asking permission to get 8 new turns outs for $2094 each. This expense has been included in the budget. Jim moved to purchase 12 instead of 8 to make sure that we have enough good turn outs for all of the volunteers. Roger seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
FIRE CHIEF REPORT: 77 EMS and 20 fire calls. They had their first BLM fire on April 1st.
– Battalion Chief input: Mitch Bingham said that they did the fire prevention ride along and the reader ride along. The kids were so excited.
ASSISTANT CHIEF REPORT: Nic updated the commissioners on the brush truck that is being made.
COMMISSIONER REPORTS: Jim thanked the volunteers for the effort they make. He said that even with as much rain as we have had, conditions are still good for fires because there is a lot of fuel in the form of dead grass.
Roger moved to adjourn at 8:38. Jim seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
Roger-EMS & Training/Gordon-Equipment /Dallin-Facilities/Jim-Budget/Mike-PR