- BLM (Bureau of Land Management) has now moved into the Menan station or the summer. They will be working from there during the day, 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM five days a week. No one will be staying overnight. They do not respond to EMS or structure fires. They are a 3-person crew and will have an engine and a chase truck to respond to wildland fires only. We believe this will be a huge benefit to our patrons and all involved agencies!
- COVID-19! Let us not drop our guard on this situation! We still need to be vigilant with PPE and scene awareness. I have requested that Dispatch still inquire about patient health. I have not yet been informed that we have had any contact with any COVID patients although I have inquired about several that have always come back negative or not met testing criteria. GOOD NEWS!!
- As we prepare for wildfire season, please be aware that our Federal partners are required to take COVID precautions as well. We will practice social distancing as engine crews and at all meetings on fire scenes. This may feel strange to some of us but please be mindful.
- As you may have seen, Kelly Canyon Ski Resort has a new majority owner. He has opened a mountain bike park and has plans for lots of summer fun! This might mean more responses in that area for our Ririe personnel.
- As we continue to see huge amounts of growth in our area and we head into busy months, it is VERY IMPORTANT to cover our shifts. Please let your leadership know if you are leaving the area for extended periods of time. Station leadership, it is very important for you to pass that information along to district leadership as well! We try not to overextend a station/zone when we are responding to an incident. Knowledge of available coverage is KEY to whom we dispatch as backup to a major incident.
TO NOT BECOME A VOLUNEER FIREFIGHTER
*You enjoy sleeping *You’ve come to understand it’s a mistake to help others *You prefer to sweat as little as possible *Breaking in doors & windows doesn’t sound fun *You’re afraid of fire *You find the thought of running red lights to be upsetting *Only losers give back to their community *You’re trying to avoid having any extra retirement savings *Being part of a close-knit group who trust one another with their lives is probably overrated *Navy makes you look fat
- CALL SUMMARY –MAY 2020
- Station 1
- EMS – 48 (-5)
- Fire – 14 (+8)
- Station 2
- EMS – 20 (+9)
- Fire – 3 (+1)
- Station 3
- EMS – 10 (+-0)
- Fire – 4 (+3)
- Station 4
- EMS – 8 (+1)
- Fire – 4 (-1)