August 11, 2022 Minutes
Fire District Commissioner Meeting
Opening Prayer: Roger called the meeting to order at 8:00. The opening prayer was offered by Dallin Gambles. Those present were Commissioners Mike Miller, Gordon Ball, Dallin Gambles. Jim Deuel and Roger Anderson. Fire Chiefs Carl Anderson, Nic White; and BC’s, Mitch Bingham, and Jim Kelly. Nile Hall was present to take minutes. There were no patrons present.
Hearing regarding Foregone Money was opened for discussion. $128,438 is the total balance. Resolution 2022-1 requests an amount of $65,427 for replacement of truck beds, do maintenance of SCBA equipment, and tire replacement; be added to the property tax to be levied in 2022. There was no patron input and the hearing was closed.
Hearing regarding the Budget for the coming fiscal year 2022-2023 that was advertised in the Jefferson Star was put up for discussion. Nile explained how the budget numbers were calculated. The total General Fund Expense applied for is $1,622,000. Capital Expense of $1,800,000 is set aside to cover ever increasing growth in the district. Because of increased assessed property values, the increase in total budget dollars applied for will drop the tax levy required by15% to 18%. Patrons will perhaps pay more tax dollars but it will be a result of their property assessment value being increased. There was no patron input and the Budget hearing was closed.
Regular Commissioner meeting was then opened by Chairman Roger Anderson.
Approval of Agenda– ACTION ITEM: Mike moved to amend the agenda to add Action Items for the approval of the Foregone Money Resolution #2022-1 and also approval of the Budget for the upcoming 2022-23 fis cal year. Dallin Seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, Jim, and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
Approval of Minutes – ACTION ITEM: The July 2022 minutes were reviewed by the commissioners previously. Jim moved to accept the minutes as written. Gordon seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, Jim, and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
Budget Review: Nile reported that expenditures were in line with the budget up through July 31, 2022.
Approval of Expenditures – ACTION ITEM: Gordon and Dallin reviewed the expenditures and didn’t see anything out of order. Dallin moved to approve the expenditures in the amount of $72,855.69 and payroll the amount of $68,620.48. Gordon seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, Jim, and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
- Carl reported that the two ambulances Madison Fire had have been purchased and are in our possession.
- Supplies for ambulances ACTION ITEM. Carl reported that with the receipt of the two new ambulances, it will be necessary to begin purchasing supplies and equipment that will be put on the ambulances. Jim moved that district staff be allowed to purchase equipment and supplies as needed to begin outfitting the ambulances. Dallin Seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, Jim, and Roger was unanimous. Roger and Nile will be meeting with the county commissioners to discuss their part in paying for the ambulance outfitting.
- Narcan SOP ACTION ITEM. Personnel have been trained and a Narcan SOP has been written. Mike moved and Dallin seconded that Narcan Kits be placed on all of the trucks and handled according to the SOP. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, Jim, and Roger was unanimous.
- Foregone Money Resolution. ACTION ITEM. Dallin moved to accept the Resolution #2022-1. Gordon seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, Jim, and Roger was unanimous.
- Budget proposal 2022-2023 ACTION ITEM. Jim moved to approve the budget proposal as posted in the Jefferson Star for the 2022-2023 Fiscal Year Budget. Gordon Seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, Jim, and Roger was unanimous.
FIRE CHIEF REPORT: Carl reported that we are busy. We had 147 EMS Calls 34 Fire calls for total of 181 total calls for July 2022. We have 3 fire fighters and a truck that has been out helping the Fort Hall fire. We will get paid through ROSS for their time.
ASSISTANT CHIEF REPORT: We had some fairly big fire calls that we were able to help out with.
Dallin moved to adjourn, and Jim seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, and Dallin, Jim, and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
Roger-EMS & Training/Gordon-Equipment /Dallin-Facilities/Jim-Budget/Mike-PR