January 13, 2022 Minutes
Fire District Commissioner Meeting
Opening Prayer: Roger called the meeting to order at 8:00. The opening prayer was offered by Mike Miller. Those present were Commissioners Jim Deuel, Mike Miller, Dallin Gambles, Gordan Ball and Roger Anderson. Fire Chiefs Carl Anderson, Nic White and Jared Giannini; and BC’s Jim Kelly, Blaine Ker, and Attorney, Dennis Wilkinson were also present. Jared Giannini kept the minutes. There were 2 patrons present.
Approval of Agenda– ACTION ITEM: Mike moved to approve the agenda; Jim seconded. The vote by Jim, Dallin, Mike, Gordan and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
Approval of Minutes – ACTION ITEM: The minutes were reviewed by the commissioners previously. Dallin moved to accept the minutes as written. Gordan seconded. The vote by Jim, Dallin, Mike, Gordan and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
Budget Review: There was no budget review this month.
Approval of Expenditures – ACTION ITEM: Jim reviewed the expenditures and didn’t see anything out of order. Jim moved to approve the expenditures in the amount of $18,933.40 and payroll in the amount of $47,473.33. Dallin seconded. The vote by Jim, Dallin, Mike, Gordan and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
Patron Input: No Patron Input
- New Hires – Discussion Item: Interview board is complete, and we have hired 3 full time personnel. Cody Thornton, Ashton Davis and Baylee Majors.
- New Hires – Action Item: Chief Anderson asked for approval to hire a 4th full time employee. Jim made a motion to hire a 4th full time employee off the current hiring list. Mike seconded. Jim, Dallin, Mike, Gordan and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
- New Engine – Discussion Item: The new 181 is here. We are just waiting on parts. We will start pulling parts off the old FMC and the old 181 to get the new truck in service.
- Swear in Jim Deuel and Mike Miller- Action Item: Roger swore in Jim Deuel and Mike Miller.
- Surplus truck/1982 FMC – Discussion/Action Item: Chief Anderson asked what the commissioners would like to see done with the 1982 FMC. Jim asked to Chief Anderson to come up with some ideas for the truck. Equipment will be removed from it. Jim and Roger asked to table the discussion until a later date.
- Old EMS Truck (163) – Discussion Item: Chief Anderson explained that he would like to keep the truck in service so the full-time personnel could use it to take on calls if necessary. There were no objections.
- FFP Property Application/Ladder Truck – Action Item: Urban Renewal contacted Chief Anderson. They have recently sold the old Me N Stan’s property and the developer would like to go three stories. Brent Tolman from Urban Renewal helped Rock Creek through a DOD grant to acquire a Ladder Truck. Chief Anderson Spoke with Pat from the Idaho Department of Lands (IDL). Pat Brown moved 3 ladder trucks into Idaho from Air Force Bases. They were 2012 or newer. Pat explained to Chief you have to pay for mileage. It ranges from $2.25 to $3.00/mile. Chief wants to know if we can acquire a ladder truck through the FFP/DOD grant. Jim agreed we should pursue it. Dallin made a motion that we actively pursue a ladder truck through the FFP program. Jim seconded. The vote by Jim, Dallin, Mike, Gordan and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
FIRE CHIEF REPORT: Chief Anderson explained that one of our trucks was hit on a call by an uninsured motorist. There is a possibility AES can repair it. COVID is still present, and some responders are starting to get sick.
ASSISTANT CHIEF REPORT: Nothing to report.
COMMISSIONER REPORTS: Nothing to report. Dallin made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mike seconded. The vote by Jim, Dallin, Mike, Gordan and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
Roger-EMS & Training/Gordon-Equipment /Dallin-Facilities/Jim-Budget/Mike-PR