August 12, 2021 Minutes
Fire District Commissioner Meeting
Opening Prayer: Jim called the meeting to order at 8:00. The opening prayer was offered by Gordon Ball. Those present were Commissioners Jim Deuel, Gordon Ball, Dallin Gambles. Roger Anderson was present via phone. Fire Chief Carl Anderson, Assistant Fire Chiefs Nic White and Jared Giannini; and Battalion Chiefs Blaine Ker, Mitch Bingham, and Corey Albertson. Dennis Wilkinson was present. Nile Hall kept the minutes. No patrons were present. Dennis Wilkinson’s father was a visitor.
Foregone money hearing. Jim opened the hearing on the foregone money. He read the Resolution #2021, a copy of which is attached. There was no patron input and the foregone money hearing was closed.
Budget hearing. Jim opened the hearing on the budget for 2021-2022. The proposed budget which was posted in the Jefferson Star on August 4th and 11th was noted. An adjusted budget was noted that the balance to be levied will be $1,514,501 of which $59,331 of foregone money is included. There was no patron input and the budget hearing was closed.
Commissioner meeting was then reopened.
Approval of Agenda– ACTION ITEM: Gordon moved to approve the agenda as written. Dallin seconded. The vote by Jim, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
Approval of Minutes – ACTION ITEM: The minutes were reviewed by the commissioners previously. Dallin moved to accept the minutes as written. Gordon seconded. The vote by Jim, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
Foregone Resolution #2021 – ACTION ITEM: Gordon moved to approve Resolution #2021 as read and attached here to. Dallin seconded. The vote by Jim, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
Budget 2021-2022 – ACTION ITEM: Dallin moved to accept the $1,514,501 balance to be levied which includes the $59,331 foregone amount. Gordon seconded. The vote by Jim, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
Budget Review: Nile reported that the financial situation is on track. Major money has been received and with two months left in the fiscal year the budget is looking great.
Approval of Expenditures – ACTION ITEM : Jim reviewed the expenditures and didn’t see anything out of order. Jim moved to approve the expenditures in the amount of $24,121.17 and payroll in the amount of $49,724.83. Gordon seconded. The vote by Jim, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
- New Ririe engine 181 – DISCUSSION ITEM: Box is being constructed. The chassis has not arrived yet. Carl and Nic visited the plant in Feb.to solidify the specifications.
- Three-Story buildings – DISCUSSION ITEM. Carl is continuing getting questions from contractors about the possibility of building three story buildings. Codes need to be written by P & Z with specifications about separate fire rooms on each floor and approved by Planning and Zoning as well as the county commissioners. Additional discussion is needed with both P & Z and county commissioners. Perhaps someone will share in purchase of a Ladder truck.
- 151 to Hughes Fire for pump test and maintenance – 151 will be sent to Hughes when they have a slot that can be filled.
- Replacement of Fire Hose – ACTION ITEM Jim moved to purchase 400 feet of 1 ¾ “ hose to replace hose on the 4 engines cost not to exceed $8000. Dallin seconded. The vote by Jim, Gordon, Dallin and Roger was unanimous in the affirmative.
FIRE CHIEF REPORT: Carl reported that the Sheriff Dispatch Fee will not increase in the coming year. It will remain at $24,479.80 to be paid quarterly. He also reported the availability of some Ammon Fire and EMS people who are working on their National Registry who are not getting enough hours. Some are coming to stations just to get some hours and cover people who could take time off.
– Battalion Chief input: Question asked as to how hiring is accomplished. Jim Kelly replied that there is a 2 month requirement attending trainings to get to know and see if they are really cut out for the job.
ASSISTANT CHIEF REPORT: Truck 163 is being held up by back ordered parts. Also they are working on Cell phone, Camera, and emergency traffic policies that will spell out requirements that’s need to be followed by the employees.
COMMISSIONER REPORTS: Jim called to adjourn the meeting at 8:37. Roger moved to adjourn. Dallin seconded. The vote by Jim, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous.
Roger-EMS & Training/Gordon-Equipment /Dallin-Facilities/Jim-Budget/Mike-PR