Fire District Commissioner Meeting
Opening Prayer: Nic White offered the opening prayer. Those present were Commissioners Mike Miller, Gordon Ball, and Roger Anderson; Fire Chief Carl Anderson with Assistant Fire Chief Nic White; and Battalion Chiefs Jim Kelly, Blaine Ker, Mitch Bingham, and Corey Albertson. Jim Deuel and Dallin Gambles were excused. Adam Hall, Jared Giannini and Robert Renna were patrons and auditor present.
Approval of Agenda-Action Item: Roger moved to approve the agenda striking item #4, swearing in of elected commissioners, removed. Gordon seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon and Roger was unanimous
Approval of Minutes-Action Item: Gordon moved to approve the minutes previously reviewed by the commissioners. Roger seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
Budget Review: Nile reviewed the budget. This is the third month of the budget year. All accounts are within budget. One item is we are waiting for the reimbursement check for the Radios from the state.
Approval of Expenditures-Action Item: Roger reviewed the expenditures of $81,752.28 and moved to accept this amount. Gordon seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
- The building for the quarters being built in Station 1 was observed by the commissioners. At this point in time Bateman Hall has the framing done and sheet rock up and taped and it is anticipated completion sometime in early February. Things are going along great there.
- Hughes Fire has done some maintenance work on the Ririe engine mostly warranty. The Rigby engine has had some valves replaced and had maintenance in the Boise shop due to hard water and typical maintenance on that 10 year old vehicle. The only engine that hasn’t been worked on is the Lewisville engine which is still running good at this time.
- Adam Hall from Marketable Media reported that work is underway on the website upgrades that were approved last month. Some of the benefit is that the site is going to be much quicker. Website has been running for about 5 years and technology has increased allowing many new features that needed to be updated to allow a smoother access and ease of use. A new feature that will be added will be a search tool that can bring up items similar to a Google search that can go through SOP’s or minutes that will be stored on a dedicated drop box account that can be browsed easily. The counter showing number of calls will be changed to allow more timely information. The pictures need to be updated and the history page needs additional information that gives information for additional years that have not yet had info given. An application to join the Fire District will be added with current contact information. Mike suggested having an apparatus page and place for Frequently Asked Questions. Adam will work with Nic and Carl on these items going forward.
- Discussion on getting bids for the completion of the electrical at the Menan station. Nelson electric has the best knowledge of how to complete this because they roughed it in. Anything under $100,000 does not require a bid.
- Robert Renna from Robert Hardy CPA gave the audit report for the 2019-2020. The audit was done and completed without any exceptions noted. All in all the financials look very healthy and good. The District is following their budget very well.
Fire Chief Report
December had 128 EMS calls and 7 fire calls. 2020 had 1336 EMS and 213 Fire calls. Total calls for 2020 was 1549 calls which averages 4.25 calls per day. P&Z from the City and County have been very helpful getting plans and building information to the Fire District to help insure fire safety can happen. Some discussion needs to be had for allowing buildings 3 stories high because of limited ability for Central Fire to fight fires at that height. Things are going well.
Assistant Chief Report:
The new truck is waiting on the box and skid packs are on order. Still waiting on parts that are on order. Madison has a number of new kids that have need for on site training which Central is helping them to get some onsite training and experience.
Roger moved to close the meeting. Gordon second. The vote by Mike, Gordon and Roger was unanimous and the meeting closed at 9:05 PM