November 12, 2020 Minutes
Opening Prayer: Mike offered the opening prayer. Those present were Commissioners Mike Miller, Gordon Ball, Dallin Gambles, and Roger Anderson; Fire Chief Carl Anderson with Assistant Fire Chief Nic White; and Battalion Chiefs Jim Kelly, Blaine Ker, Mitch Bingham, and Corey Albertson. There were a handful of patrons present. Dennis Wilkinson, CFD attorney, was present. Melanie Sullivan recorded the minutes.
Approval of Agenda-Action Item: Mike moved to approve the agenda as presented. Dallin seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous.
Approval of Minutes-Action Item: Dallin moved to approve the minutes as previously reviewed by the commissioners. Roger seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous.
Budget Review: Melanie reviewed the budget. This is the first month of the budget year. We had a large expenditure for radios but this will be reimbursed by the CARES Act money.
Approval of Expenditures-Action Item: Gordon reviewed the expenditures of $125,821.52 and moved to accept this amount. Mike seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous.
- Review bid for living for living quarters with value engineering-Action Item: Carl said that he, Graham and Richard Stevenson got together to see what they could do to shave off the bid. The original bid was for $173,700 and they found ways to shave a little over $20,000 off the bid. There may be more to shave off in the future. Roger moved to accept the bid of $173,700 with a post bid addendum. Mike seconded. The vote by Jim, Mike, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous. Dallin also moved to accept the valued engineering. Gordon seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous.
- Christmas Bonuses-Action Item: Carl reminded us that last year the Christmas bonuses were $75 for all personnel along with a Christmas dinner. This year there will not be a Christmas dinner, so Carl proposed adding $25 to the Christmas bonuses in lieu of the dinner for a total of $100 per employee. Gordon moved to accept the Christmas bonuses. Roger seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous.
- Confirm Location of December commissioner meeting-Action Item: The meeting will be at the Rigby fire station. Gordon moved to approve the meeting location. Roger seconded. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous.
Fire Chief Report:
Carl said that Rocky Mountain Power told him that Rocky Mountain Power is putting in a bigger power line and are asking for an easement on the north side of the Rigby fire station. That would entail moving the power lines to the north side of the building. This would be done at no cost to us.
Carl also said AT&T would like to put a tower in Ririe. The proposed AT&T tower in Ririe would give DFD the opportunity to work with a business in Ririe to locate a much needed repeater. It would not be on the AT&T tower, giving the Fire district the opportunity to put communication equipment in Ririe at a considerable discount than previously expected.
- They purchased the radios to be reimbursed with CARES ACT money.
- They have gotten bids for snow removal. The cheapest was $255 per time.
- We have had 30 more calls this year than 5 years ago.
- The tender truck is finally going to Caldwell for repair of poor engineering.
- They had a plant fire at Idaho Pacific and had great mutual aid from surrounding fire districts.
Assistant Chief Report:
132 EMS and 19 fire calls this month. We gave mutual aid back to Madison on three occasions.
The new truck has the body painted, the box and skid packs are on order. Should be completed by the end of January.
Melanie is leaving and Nile is going to take back the full job.
Dallin moved to close the meeting. Roger second. The vote by Mike, Gordon, Dallin, and Roger was unanimous.