Fire District Commissioner Meeting
Opening Prayer: Mike called the meeting to order at 8:00. The opening prayer was offered by Gordon. Those present were: Fire Commissioners Dallin Gambles, Jim Deuel, Mike Miller, Gordon Ball, and Roger Anderson; Fire Chief Carl Anderson and Assistant Fire Chief Nic White; and Battalion Chiefs Jim Kelly, Mitch Bingham, and Corey Albertson with Mike Johnson representing station 2. Dennis Wilkinson (CFD attorney), Nile Hall and Jared Giannini were present with Melanie Sullivan recording the minutes. There were no other patrons present.
Approval of Agenda– ACTION ITEM: Jim moved to approve the minutes as printed. Dallin seconded. The vote by Dallin, Mike, Jim, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
Approval of Minutes – ACTION ITEM: The minutes were reviewed previously by the commissioners. Roger moved to approve the minutes as posted. Gordon seconded. The vote by Dallin, Mike, Jim, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
Budget Review: October was the first month of the new budget year. Melanie reported that we spent approximately 4% of the budget.
Approval of Expenditures – ACTION ITEM: Jim reviewed the expenditures. He moved to approve the expenditures in the amount of $18,260.75. Dallin seconded. The vote by Dallin, Mike, Jim, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
- Christmas bonuses – ACTION ITEM: In years past we have given Christmas bonuses. Jim reminded everyone of the bonuses from last year which was $75 dollars to everyone but the commissioners. Carl felt that Christmas bonuses didn’t need to be given to the volunteers who have been with the district less than a month and have not yet been put on the roster and that $25 is fair for those who have been with the station from 1-6 months. Dallin moved to give Christmas bonuses of $75 to everyone who has been at the station 6 months or longer, and $25 to anyone who has been with the district from one month to 6 months, excluding the commissioners. Gordon seconded. The vote by Dallin, Mike, Jim, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous
- Ordering of 8 new radios – ACTION ITEM: This expenditure has been included in the budget to be purchased. Nic said that they got prices from two different places, White cloud and Teton Communications. White Cloud is cheaper but Teton Communications includes programming and an extra battery, which would make it a little cheaper overall. Jim moved to get the radios orders from Teton communications. Roger seconded. The vote by Dallin, Mike, Jim, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
- Ordering of structure turn outs – ACTION ITEM: It was included in the budget to replace 12 turn outs, but Nic said they are planning on replacing 8 this year. They will cost $2150 per set if they are ordered before December. Jim moved to purchase the turnouts. Gordon seconded. The vote by Dallin, Mike, Jim, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
- Ordering 3 patient monitors – ACTION ITEM: Nic showed the commissioners a monitor that they already have. These are $1750 per monitor. Jim Kelly asked if station 1 could have two monitors since they often are on more than one call at a time. Roger moved to purchase 4 monitors so that station 1 has two. Gordon seconded. The vote by Dallin, Mike, Jim, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
FIRE CHIEF REPORT:
– Battalion Chief input: Carl reported that they have hired 3 new volunteers in Lewisville. They have a couple of new volunteers in Ririe and some new applications turned in but not yet hired. He feels that they will soon have a full volunteer roster.
They had an opportunity to listen to a Florida firefighter that Eastern Idaho Fire Chief’s brought in. They got some great insight on training and how to fight fires.
The call volume is down a little bit. Down 8 EMS calls in October.
Carl mentioned that an article in the Jefferson Star talked about how commercial building plans are slow to be approved because the plans need to be approved by the Fire District. Carl said the delay is because fire plans are not usually included, and the building plans have to be returned for revision so that fire plans can be included.
ASSISTANT CHIEF REPORT: Nic gave an update on Ririe’s truck. The chassis is getting painted soon and the box is on its way to Utah.
COMMISSIONER REPORTS: Jim said that Tad Haight, mayor of Menan, has a lot of good things to say about Central Fire District.
Roger said that Corey Childs is grateful for how willing the fire district is to come out and give assistance.
Jim moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:30.
Roger-EMS & Training/Gordon-Equipment /Dallin-Facilities/Jim-Budget/Mike-PR