Fire District Commissioner Meeting
Opening Prayer: Mike called the meeting to order at 8:05. Roger Anderson gave the opening prayer. Those present were: Commissioners Mike Miller, Jim Deuel, Dallin Gambles, Gordon Ball, and Roger Anderson; Fire Chief Carl Anderson and Assistant Fire Chief Nic White; Battalion Chiefs Jim Kelly, Blaine Ker, and Mitch Bingham with Corey Albertson representing Lewisville. Dennis Wilkinson, CFD attorney was present. Melanie Sullivan recorded the minutes. There were a couple of patrons present.
Approval of Agenda– ACTION ITEM: The date on the agenda was corrected from May 11 to May 9. Gordon moved to accept the agenda. Dallin seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
Approval of Minutes – ACTION ITEM: The commissioners reviewed the minutes previously. Dallin moved to accept the minutes as presented. Jim seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
Budget Review: Melanie reviewed the budget. We received a couple of annual, larger bills for insurance, but we are still well under budget.
Approval of Expenditures – ACTION ITEM: Dallin reviewed the expenditures and didn’t see anything unexpected. He moved to accept the expenditures in the amount of $38,272.70. Roger seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
- Disposition of 1982 FMC/GMC engine – DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEM: Carl received an offer from Bill’s Island for $1500 and this was within market value so he sold it as per last months discussion.
- Firehouse Subs grant – DISCUSSION ITEM: We received the check from the grant and the helmets have been ordered.
- Purchase of fire shelters – DISCUSSION ITEM: Nic purchased them through the IDL and they are on their way.
- Purchase of structure turnouts – DISCUSSION ITEM: Carl said that they have been ordered.
- Gravel or blacktop at Lewisville station – ACTION ITEM: Last year we talked about graveling or asphalting the side of the Lewisville station for parking or for training. $28,000 was allotted in the budget for this. Jim moved to have Carl get the dimensions and go out for bid and bring back the dollar amounts so the commissioners could discuss it with Roger seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
- New rescue Truck station 2-ACTION ITEM: Carl is wondering if they need to wait for the state bid, for which they have been waiting for over a year, or to go ahead and get bids from other sources. Carl and Nic don’t know when the state will have a bid. Jim said that there would be no harm in going out to bid and if the state comes back with a bid in the meantime, they can consider it. This has also already been included in the budget. Roger moved to start getting bids for the rescue truck. Jim seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous.
FIRE CHIEF REPORT: Carl says that they are seeing more and more housing permits as the county grows. He also says that they have had more people coming to visit. They have been asked by Fort Hall to come and do some rope rescue training with them.
Roger asked if there have been people in the fire academy. Carl said there are 7 or 8.
This weekend they have USWG training on wildland fire.
– Battalion Chief input: There was no battalion chief input.
ASSISTANT CHIEF REPORT: Nic gave an update on the brush truck. It is still waiting on the chassis. He is hoping to receive the truck 6 weeks after the chassis comes in.
90 EMS calls and 20 fire call which are both are up from last month.
COMMISSIONER REPORTS: There was no report from the commissioners. Dallin moved to adjourn. Roger seconded. The vote by Mike, Jim, Dallin, Gordon, and Roger was unanimous. The meeting adjourned at 8:24.
Roger-EMS & Training/Gordon-Equipment /Dallin-Facilities/Jim-Budget/Mike-PR