March 2019 Newsletter
- Mud Lake Super Saturday March 16th 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM. RSVP to district office, check email for schedule
- Eastern Idaho Fire Academy will be held at CEI May 17th – 19th, 2019. Keep an eye out for class lists and registration information.
- Good news! BLM is sending us a BLM Type 4 truck. This truck should come in fully stocked. There are 5 trucks being excessed by BLM this year. The recipients are Clark County, Downey Fire, Central Fire, Inkom Fire and Hamer Fire. That puts 2 excessed BLM trucks in our immediate area.
- Along with the excessed trucks there are excess hoses and tools. We received 1,000 feet of 1-inch wildland hose and 5 Macleod rakes today.
- Thanks to all who participated in the Red Card class that was held in Menan. Because we are willing to train and adhere to basic fire safety practices, BLM scored us high in priority for that excess truck and gear.
- Keep in mind that this year we are going to push proper PPE on ALL fires. If you fail to wear your PPE, you could be dismissed from a fire scene. This includes ALL leadership!! (yep, I’m including myself-190)
- For all you folks with bushy faces, remember that it is very easy to lose a positive seal when using an SCBA. Illness from breathing toxic gases while on fires is a HUGE TOPIC right now. More on that next month.
- We got started off well with our first ever fire academy this week. The academy will be moving through the different stations in our district. Please support all involved in this endeavor.
- Above all else, thanks for all you do!
CALL SUMMARY –FEBRUARY 2019
- EMS – 57 (-15)
- Fire – 8 (-2)
- EMS – 23 (+1)
- Fire – 3 (+2)
- EMS – 7 (+5)
- Fire – 1 (+-0)
- EMS – 7 (-9)
- Fire – 2 (+2)