September 2017 Newsletter
- The final Figure 8 race is Saturday, September 23rd. Let the office know if you’d like to help.
- October is Fire Safety Month, which means LOTS of requests for fire education and station tours. Please keep an eye on your email and jump in if you can help.
ANNOUNCEMENTS (170’s Corner)
- It has been a busy month and all you volunteers that have been out there have done a great job. We really appreciate all the time and effort you have extended to our district patrons. JOB WELL DONE!!
- BLM has a great appreciation for all the help we have given them. It was a moment of great pride when I heard over the BLM frequency that the fire boss wanted to get CFD and Hamer Fire out on the road to start a burnout. The fire boss expressed that you were doing such a good job and they wanted to further educate you about that tactic. That would not have been an option if you were not showing your skills and training.
- Hamer Fire also really enjoyed working with us on the Deer Park Fire and has offered up help on these last couple of small fires that occurred on the desert. As BLM and 142 were mopping up on 9/13, Scott Jacobs, Hamer chief, texted me and said they were ready to help if the wind continued to blow. I suggested that if it picked up any more we would plan to meet them on the Egin-Hamer Road (hahaha-some of you will know exactly what I meant!)
- On the EMS side of things – Lewisville had their newest EMT’s indoctrinated. They had to ride down in the ambulance on a couple calls. I almost always get a message from the medics that you guys do a great job when they ask for extra help. It is an eye opening experience to ride with them sometimes. Again I say JOB WELL DONE!!
- Thanks to everyone who participated in the planning and execution of the Eclipse event. Though it seems like it was uneventful as far as catastrophic events, there were definitely a lot of people here to deal with! All of the event planners agree that it could have been a fiasco if we had not been prepared. Many of the visitors expressed their appreciation of us being visible and ready for any type of emergency AND they noted how friendly we all were!!
- Keep up the good work and let your families know how much we appreciate their sacrifices as well!
CALL SUMMARY –AUGUST 2017
- EMS – 59 (-1)
- Fire – 15 (-2)
- EMS – 12 (-11)
- Fire – 7 (-2)
- EMS – 5 (-4)
- Fire – 3 (+1)
- EMS – 9 (-5)
- Fire – 7 (+1)