CENTRAL FIRE DISTRICT NEWSLETTER
- Leadership meeting has been cancelled for this month. The next one will be held May 1st.
- It sounds like we are about ready to do some training burns out at the old Co-Op building in Menan. This will be some great opportunity to see and learn fire behavior so please be ready to participate when we start. Leadership will let you know through pager tests when we have scheduled burns.
- Congratulations to Clay and Shelby Robertson from Ririe! They welcomed a baby girl on February 18th.
- Roy Kennedy has stepped down as Battalion Chief at Station 3. We greatly appreciate all he did while serving as BC. He will continue to run fire and EMS. The BC position is now open; see the posted announcement for application details.
- If you are having any issues with your radios – bring them in and let me know. We can’t fix a radio if we do not know or have it available for repair. I can issue a loaner radio while yours is being fixed. -170
- We are starting to see some meetings and trainings coming on the solar eclipse event. We will notify you of trainings coming up as we see them. Just a recap, but our area is a prime viewing location for the total solar eclipse occurring August 21st. We are seeing estimates of possibly half a million EXTRA tourists in the valley for this event. We will need ALL HANDS on deck that day/week.
- The Red Cross has received some smoke detectors and they will be installing them in our area soon. They have asked if the district has any volunteers who could accompany their installers as Goodwill Ambassadors for CFD. They normally try to do installations on Saturdays. They will give us advance notice. Please let 170 know if you would be willing to assist with this worthwhile project!
CALL SUMMARY –FEBRUARY 2017
- EMS – 47 (-29)
- Fire – 1 (-4)
- EMS – 12 (+4)
- Fire – 3 (+2)
- EMS – 7 (-3)
- Fire – 0 (-3)
- EMS – 5 (-7)
- Fire – 1 (-1)