July 9, 2015 Minutes
Fire District Commissioner Meeting
Commissioner meeting began at 8:00 p.m. Gordon called the meeting to order. Roger Anderson gave the opening prayer. Those commissioners in attendance were Gordon, Jim, Mike and Roger. Chief Bryan Grover and Asst. Chief Carl Anderson along with B.C.’s represented by Paul Bradley, Blaine Ker, Roy Kennedy, and Mitch Bingham. Nile was also present. Patrons Dennis Wilkinson and Matt Call also attended. Commissioner Dallin Gambles was excused.
AGENDA APPROVAL: Gordon moved to approve agenda, Roger 2nd and unanimous vote.
MINUTES: Nile read the minutes of June 2015. Gordon moved to approve and Jim seconded. Voting was unanimous.
BUDGET REVIEW: Nile reported that we are 3/4 way through the year. Budget is still in good shape.
EXPENDITURES: Gordon moved to pay expenditures for June. Mike 2nd and vote was unanimous.
PATRON INPUT: None
- 164 Chassis: Dennis Wilkinson, our attorney sent a demand letter to Freedom Fire. Pictures of two different VIN numbers have been received by the district. Bryan was told that the Liberator system was shipped from two different plants. Jim suggested another letter be written demanding truck be ready for delivery at their plant by October 1, 2015 or contract will be void and deposit must be returned. All commissioners agreed.
- Status of SCBA: We are not on the list yet to receive grant monies for SCBA replacement. Final commitment for where money will be spent will come before October 11, 2015
- Parking lot Maintenance: Bids were received from Parking Lot Maintenance in the amounts of Rigby $6,450, Ririe $4,150, and Menan $4,175. Jim moved that bids be accepted and proceed to have them complete the project. Roger seconded and vote was unanimous.
- Ambulance Service Idaho Falls: Swan Valley has requested our interest in Ririe to have a staging Ambulance facility in Ririe to help them with their needs. Not interested at this time.
- Budget: Mike moved and Roger 2nd that we take the 3% increase in Budget this year. Voting was unanimous.
FIRE CHIEF REPORT: Bryan reported that parade got a lot of good PR. $200 First Place money was awarded for best entry. Money returned to Rigby Chamber of Commerce. Been busy month. Interesting call Fire on 3rd in building with 40,000 rounds of ammunition as well as a bunch of fuel.
ASSISTANT CHIEF REPORT: Carl reported on Matt Call video good. Discussed Bonneville ambulance sometimes beats Ririe to the call because of pause between dispatching ambulance first and Ririe way later.
STATION #1: 6 Fire: 70 EMS : 1 new frequent flyer. Morale is good.
STATION #2: 6 Fire : 21 EMS : Nothing big or major. We get there quicker when dispatched by our Jefferson county dispatcher.
STATION #3: 1 Fire: 3 EMS: Morale quite low. Most people changed jobs or are working days..
STATION #4: 0 Fire : 5 EMS: Mitch reported response to one of our own people. Family happy with work that was done. Happy with good press we got from our float in the parade. 4300 bottles of water.
COMMISSIONER: Thanks for support on Fire Safety merit badge. Getting good parental support. All 4 stations are doing an amazing job.
Gordon moved and Jim seconded that meeting be closed at 9:35 pm. Unanimously approved.