Fire District Commissioner Meeting
Commissioner meeting began at 8:00 p.m. Gordon called the meeting to order. JimDeuel gave the opening prayer. Those commissioners in attendance were Gordon, Jim, Dallin, Don and Mike. Chief Grover and Asst. Chief Carl Anderson along with B.C.’s represented by Jim Kelly, Blaine Kerr, Roy Kennedy, and Mitch Bingham.
AGENDA APPROVAL: Add Don Reed resignation.
MINUTES: Debby read the Minutes for January 2015. Dallin moved to approve and Jim seconded. Voting was Unanimous.
BUDGET REVIEW: Nile was excused. Debby reported that he said that budgets were in line for where we are in the year.
EXPENDITURES: Gordon moved to pay expenditures for January. Mike seconded and vote was unanimous.
PATRON INPUT: None
- Turnouts: Have been ordered and will be here in a couple of week.
- Generators for Stations update: Carl reported on the research he has done. He has talked to someone about a dual fuel generator which would be natural gas or propane. He suggested we decide which station needs it first and then we can get a price as to what it will cost to install it. After discussion it was decided to get a bid for the Ririe Station.
- 164 Chassis: Still waiting for the truck to be completed. Bryan reported it will be about
- FEMA Grant Application Progress: Bryan had some concerns about the way the grant was written. Jim reported on some information he had research. It has been submitted so we are just waiting to hear.
- Inventory System: Chief Grover reported they are checking into the Fire House inventory system. We already have a system on the Fire House program.
- Don Reed resignation: Gordon read a letter of resignation from Don. Mike presented him with plaque and service pin for 17 years of service to the Fire District.
FIRE CHIEF REPORT:
Bryan demonstrated the Scott SCBA system. This would be the system he would like to get with the grant money in the event we are able to get the grant. The initial cost would be $5700 each. We would like to get 50 if the grant is approved.
Bryan would like to put outlets in the ceiling of the bays to keep things charged. They are waiting for a couple of bids.
He reported on a couple of car fires and was glad to have a fire extinguisher in his pickup.
ASSIST CHIEF REPORT: Carl reported that each station is keeping up with training.
Fire 6 EMS 56 Jim reported that they have changed some training techniques by having different personnel do the training. It has really helped with station morale.
Fire 2 EMS 14 Blaine reported that morale is better at their station.
Fire 0 EMS 4 Roy reported that morale has always been good. They have 3 people that are interested in joining with Lewisville.
Fire 0 EMS 0 Courtney Youngstrom passed her fire fighter test. Morale is good and he is proud that they are supporting their training.
COMMISSIONER: Mike moved that we advertise for replacement for Zone 3. Jim seconded. The vote was unanimous. Nile will advertise in the paper and letters of interest need to be in before March 30.