- March 12th–16th Engine Boss Training (S230/S231) – Hosted by Teton County
- April 21st & 22nd Initial Attack Incident Commander (S200) – Hosted by Teton County
- Late night with Life Flight will be April 23rd at the district office. Lecture will be Trauma Care
- Roberts Fire will be hosting Extrication Training on April 28th from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. They will have about 16 cars, and an Idaho certified extrication trainer, Tyler Bryner, will be conducting the training. Please contact your leadership if you are interested in going.
- Fire School will be May 4-6th at the College of Eastern Idaho. Keep an eye out for registration details and a class list.
- May 12th GIFF Spring Wildland Field Exercise, location TBA
- May 19th USWIG will be doing an interagency spring wildland exercise in the Driggs area. Anyone is welcome to attend. If you are interested contact 170 or 190 for more information
- Most of you should have received an email with log in instructions on how to access your Fire Rescue One Academy Portal. This is the location were all of our self-paced training will be managed from. All of you already have an assignment, a tutorial on how to use the program. More assignments will roll out, and those of you who have requested to take the online Red Card training will see those assignments in your portal as well. We will be starting the other self-paced certification courses shortly. Start thinking about where you want your training to go to achieve your goals! Contact Chief Pope if you have any questions.
- For those of you that went on the shop fire in the Terrace Hills subdivision, GREAT JOB!! It could have so easily spread to a couple residential buildings. We worked with Idaho Falls Engine and Tender 2 on this fire. It is great to have their support when needed and they expressed that they enjoy working with us on scenes like this. We still haven’t determined a cause. The insurance company is waiting for a break in the cold weather to investigate it further.
- Ririe responded to a chicken coop fire, which was a total loss on outbuildings. Again it was good to work with the Idaho Falls station 2 firefighters. This fire was right on the edge of our boundaries so both Ririe and Idaho Falls were dispatched.
- Those of you who attended EIRMC’s EMS conference on March 10th, please make sure you get a copy of your certificate to the office so it can be added to your training.
CALL SUMMARY –FEBRUARY 2018
- EMS – 62 (-6)
- Fire – 3 (-3)
- EMS – 12 (-9)
- Fire – 5 (+-0)
- EMS – 7 (+-0)
- Fire – 1 (+1)
- EMS – 5 (-1)
- Fire – 4 (+3)